Saturday, March 1, 2014

Let's Hear It For Productivity!

Ahhhhhhh.  House is clean (we are not going to talk about how long it's been since that happened...), ironing is done, laundry is almost done, car is washed (not going to talk about that either), and [what passes for] landscaping beds are weeded.  Oh, and I'm relatively caught up on sleep.

The sense of contentment and peace I feel is...well....let's just say that if I was a cow, I would be chewing my cud and mooing in utter bliss.  It's weird how when things are out of whack at home, it just...stresses a person out.  (It's this way for me, at least.)  I can be surviving out there, keeping up on the work front, making those grades, being a (halfway, I think) decent friend, but if my house is a mess and my yard is out of control, I just can't relax.  On the other hand, when things are whipped into shape; sure, I have several hours of calculus ahead of me yet tonight, but it doesn't even bother me.  I'm as calm as a cucumber and happy as a clam.  (One might comment, "Hey Carrie, if your primal response is such, why don't you just clean your dadgum house more regular-like?"  I know.)

So I sit down to my bowl of crockpot chicken soup, light my candle, and savor a few minutes before I tackle those books.  All is well.

That's what's going on in my world today!

Mooooo...........




No comments:

Post a Comment