Thursday, July 25, 2013

Rebecca


Rebecca.  I would like to introduce you to my wonderful 
daughter-in-law, Rebecca.  She is a delightful, pleasant, amiable young lady.  She's beautiful, bright and creative. She enjoys riding and training horses.  She enjoys teaching children.  She's a pretty special girl, and she loves my son, Tyler.  She's our answer to many prayers laid at the feet of Jesus.  She is God-send, and we love her dearly.  She also will be starting her first year of teaching.  We are so proud of her.  And so today, Nicole, my daughter, threw a surprise lucheon in her honor. What fun! I love, adore, and delight in surprises!  Even more so if I can have a hand in the making of one for someone else!  So this was our afternoon.  Fellowshipping and eating--always a gratifying activity!
                                         





LUNCH

STACKED-CHICKEN-BISTRO-SALAD

SOUTHWESTERN CHEESE SPREAD WITH ASSORTED CRACKERS

OVEN-ROASTED TOMATO AND AVOCADO SOUP

CAKE

We made the cheese spread into little balls, one for each plate, instead of one big ball of cheese.
Carrie's work space.  As neat as a pin.  Carrie is like this.  Neat.  Organized.  Methodical.  Disciplined.

My work space.  Explosive.

Roasting the tomatoes for the soup.




Haha! My impulsive answer to, "Which side of the plate does the napkin go on?"  "The right", I answered.  Carrie muttered just audibly, "I always put it on the left."  See?  Organized.  Precise.

Are you growing tired of viewing this plating? It can't be helped.  This lunch was so good.  Light.  Refreshing. Spicy.  A bite of cold, then a bite of hot.  Flavors playing on the palete.  A perfect lunch for a gathering of ladies.  (This is where I shine a little...where my creative genes can assert themselves.  Although to be fair, I was a little stumped on this menu.  I played with several different dish combinations in my head, and couldn't make it work.  Carrie came up with the soup--one we had made before--and it was perfect).  This was a fairly simple (ha!) menu.  We started it late last night, and I completed it this morning.  Nikki hosted it at her house.  So I could cook this morn, leave my mess, and enter into her spotless, cold house.  Ahhhh. Nice.

Because you really should make this:

Southwestern Cheese Spread

8 ozs cheddar cheese, shredded
4 ozs swiss cheese, shredded
4 ozs monterey jack cheese, shredded
2 tbsp diced green (we used orange) pepper
2 tbsp diced yellow pepper
2 tbsp diced red pepper
2 tbsp chopped green onions
1 1/2 tsp minced capers
3/4 tsp minced garlic
3/4 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp chopped dill
3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
dash tabasco sauce
3/4 tsp cajun spices (I've never used....)
2 to 3 tbsp dijon mustard (don't use the regular stuff!)
1/4 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise

Combine cheeses, peppers, green onions, capers, garlic, worcestershire, dill, cilantro, tabasco, mustard, and mayo in a large bowl.  Stir to blend.  Line a bowl with plastic wrap, leaving a 4-inch overhang.  Press cheese mixture into bowl and fold plastic overhang over top.  Cover with another piece of wrap and refrigerate.  When ready to serve, unfold plastic wrap and invert onto a serving plate.  Serve with tortilla chips and assorted crackers.

another great recipe from Stop and Smell the Rosemary, adapted 


sweet girls!




No comments:

Post a Comment